July 26th, 2013
I’ll be honest – still kinda sore. Why, you ask? I’ll tell you why! Because last Sunday, the fellas and I participated in the Minnesota Tough Mudder. Why, you ask? I’ll tell you why! Because we wanted to help raise money for one of our favorite causes – the “Wounded Warrior Project”. Also, sometimes just singing all day long doesn’t cut it, and you need to push yourself to your physical limits just to see what you can do. In this case, here is a list of things I realize I can do, and a list of things I cannot:
1. Crawl in Mud – Can do
2. Get electrocuted repeatedly – Can do (also, is it bad that I kind of enjoyed this part?)
3. Dim-wittedly choose the largest log to make Mark and I carry down and back up a hill – Can do
4. Carry said log back up the hill – Barely can do (sorry Mark)
5. Scale 15 foot walls – Can do (with a little help from my friends)
6. Monkey Bars – No Can do (unless 1 1/2 out of 15 counts)
7. Shave my head – No Can do (I’ll leave that to the professionals)
8. Have some fun with my co-workers – Can do
So, as you can see, along with the running hills, freezing cold water, scrambling up half pipes, etc., one can see how one can get a little sore. However, nothing a little chill time at home and resuming planning for the holiday show can’t help….
Here’s to next year!