Although they are simply four voices and a tambourine, Tonic Sol-fa has spent considerable time on the road carving their niche as the nation’s top vocal group. In the midst of touring, this quartet has been named one of the top five “must see” groups in America, has been awarded numerous original song and album awards in pop, gospel and holiday genres, appeared on NBC’s Today Show and in the pages of Newsweek magazine. Outings with Jay Leno, Shawn Colvin, and Garrison Keillor have propelled album sales to more than 2,000,000 copies (mostly sold from the back of their trailer!) and have earned the group thousands of intensely loyal fans.
The quartet has been voted into the Midwest Music Hall of Fame and have averaged over 150 shows annually in 48 states with music in radio stations and at retail stores nationwide. Recently Tonic Sol-fa’s third public television special was broadcast to over 1,800 stations across the United States. And too, the quartet won their first Emmy Award in the “Musical Composition/Arrangement” category for a song performed in a Toys for Tots PSA (Public Service Announcement).
The New York Times describes Tonic Sol-fa’s sound as “A vocal kaleidoscope…unique to the human voice.” Improvisational and passionate music combined with cutting-edge stage presence is the benchmark by which critics and fans agree: nobody does it like Tonic Sol-fa!
- National appearances in Newsweek, Country Weekly and MediaStyle magazines, on NBC’s Today Show, Steve and DC’s nationally syndicated radio program, A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, among others.
- An Emmy for Original Musical Composition.
- A third Public Television special which aired over 1,800 times across the United States.
- Two ‘Independent Grammy’ wins for Best Original Holiday Song and Best Original Pop Song out of 650,000 entries.
- Outings with Shawn Colvin, Jeff Foxworthy, Lonestar, Montgomery Gentry, Weird Al Yankovic, Bryan White, Neal McCoy, Nester Torres, Bobcat Goldthwait and Jerry Springer, among others.
- The inclusion of an original TSF composition, “Snõ,” on Wal-Mart’s most popular Christmas video, The 12 Dogs of Christmas.
- Induction into the Midwest Music Hall of Fame.
- Corporate collaborations with Bose, Schwan’s, General Mills, Blue Bunny, Tastefully Simple, Herberger’s and the Wenger Corporation.
- 150 performances annually to a combined audience of 250,000+ in 48 states.